- Leading-edge methods of computational mechanics and algorithms for shape and topology optimisation aiming to maximise the performance of piezo-electric energy harvesters
- Expertise with simulations based on the mathematical model of thin piezo-electric cantilever plates
- Able to incorporate uncertainties in the material parameters into the model, which enables the analysis of quantities of interests within a confidence interval
- Virtual simulations can substitute experiments and predict performance of a PEH for any geometry and material parameters. The design can be used for manufacturing high-performing devices.
- Design of devices of non-conventional shapes for maximum frequency and/or energy/area ratio
Capabilities and facilities
- Extensive expertise for modelling of CAD coupled with in-house bespoke software development