- Development of power management schemes for self-sustained operation of street furniture
- Ability to maximise the illuminance efficacy of street lighting/traffic signs through the development of converters and modulation techniques
- Expertise in the optimal sizing of solar panels and energy storage for given street furniture load profiles
- Solar-powered street furniture can be used to develop micro-grids for small apartments, increase safety or improve customer experience.
- Energy consumption optimisation for solar-powered traffic signs.
Capabilities and facilities
- Power electronics laboratory
- PV simulators
- Hardware testing capability up to 50kVA, 1kV, 400A
- Arbin battery and supercapacitor tester with environmental chamber