- Significant experience in developing low-cost, efficient energy technologies that decrease energy needs and provide comfort to low-income households, at minimum cost
- Proven solutions that:
- Decrease energy consumption by up to 70 per cent
- Reduce carbon emissions by up to 50 per cent
- Improve indoor thermal comfort by up to 70 per cent
- Lower the level of indoor pollutants by up to 90 per cent
- Meaningful improvements in the quality of life of low-income households.
- Several large-scale retrofitting projects in low-income dwellings worldwide
- Collaboration with major government institutions to alleviate energy poverty
Capabilities and facilities
- Fully-equipped laboratory able to perform any kind of energy and environmental measurements in buildings
- State-of-the-art mobile energy bus with thermal cameras, tracer gas equipment, IAQ sensors and analysers, light and daylight measuring equipment, and a drone to perform aerial measurements
- All types of tools to simulate energy usage in buildings
- Several companies that specialise in construction and the production of energy systems for buildings.