- A unique system to provide new insights to dental composite properties such as shrinkage profile and its relationship with curing lamp and curing techniques
- A unique dental restoration training platform to study the impact of restoration techniques and materials properties on the quality and longevity of the restoration
- Greatly improve the quality of life of dental patients and the bench time of practitioners by knowing the composite-curing lamp-curing techniques correlation.
- Promote the use of dental composites among dental practitioners and dental patients alike.
- Proof of concept demonstrated in lab, research ongoing towards prototype development.
Capabilities and facilities
- Dental composite testing and characterisation facility; optical fibre sensor development and characterisation facilities.
- University of Wollongong
- SDI Ltd