- CSRH has built a national and international reputation – over nearly 30 years – in exploring the health and well being of populations, particularly those experiencing marginalisation
- Led the world in monitoring the uptake of HIV prevention and treatment technologies
- Expertise in the implementation and acceptability of new models of care, and investigations into under-use of new medicines
- Designed new prevention technologies and studied factors affecting acceptability of new biomedical technologies
- Work closely with affected communities, clinicians and policy makers
- The mission is to support efforts to maximise the return on investments in new technologies to promote health, and to keep a careful watch on practices or policies that may create or exacerbate inequalities.
- The potential to explore the factors that can optimise the roll out and scale of new medicines and technologies from the perspectives of:
- End user (consumer)
- Health worker (including at the bedside, in the laboratory, in prevention and treatment)
- Stakeholder (industry, policy maker, funder)
Capabilities and facilities
- CSRH is a specialist research centre. Researchers are leaders in their fields, with a strong reputation in the academic community
- The Centre fosters the talents of the next generation of social science researchers through support for early career researchers and our postgraduate research program.