- Extensive and long-standing clinical and laboratory-based experience in dry eye disease
- Comprehensive suite of technologies not available elsewhere in Australia
- Diverse and well-established database of potential study participants. Specialty clinics facilitate targeted patient recruitment (Dry Eye, Red Eye, Contact Lenses, Myopia Control)
- Dry eye affects over 4 million Australian women. It is associated with reduced productivity at work, reduced subjective quality of life, equivalent to severe angina, and a significant and ongoing Medicare burden. Improved diagnostics, particularly those that target the key pathophysiological mechanisms, will enable more appropriate treatment and monitoring of the impact of treatment.
- Established track record of clinical studies – Phase 1, first in man – Phase 4 trials.
Capabilities and facilities
- Measuring sensitivity
- Subjective symptomatology
- In vivo confocal microscopy
- Tear neuropeptides and tear homeostasis
- Bausch + Lomb
- Johnson and Johnson Vision Care