- Expertise and facilities to develop and test antibacterial resin-based dental composites using various approaches tailored to specific dental treatments.
- Longer lasting dental treatments and reduced societal and economic costs for dental care.
- Focus to date has been on journal publications and patent applications. Presently looking for commercialisation partners.
Capabilities and facilities
Capabilities include the development of novel antimicrobial resin composites and facilities and expertise for testing various properties, including but not limited to:
- Minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC)
- Agar disk-diffusion test
- Crystal violet biofilm assay
- Biofilm assay for colony forming units
- Live/dead bacterial assay for biofilm analysis
- Custom developed biomechanical analyses of biofilm inhibition
- Degree of conversion
- Flexural strength
- Fracture toughness
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, USA
- Oregon Health and Science University, USA
- Sao Paulo Research Foundation, Brazil
- University Ibirapuera, Brazil